Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Beady Valentine Wishes to You!

Rosie, The Uncaged Hen, detail, sculpture by Robin Atkins

Happy Valentine's Day to each of you! May your day be filled with the blessings of many heart connections, and may you feel the creative spendor of all the hearts linked together within our blogging community!

I use hearts in my work so often (heart figures, heart-shaped beads, fabrics with printed hearts) that you'd think it would get boring. So far it hasn't, at least not for me. Speaking from and through our hearts is such powerful stuff. I love it!

Here are a few hearts for you. They talk from my heart about how much I appreciate you for being in my life in this special artistic way! My love to you on this day, and always... Robin

Sweet Dreams, spirit doll by Robin Atkins

improvisational bead embroidery by Robin Atkins

improvsational bead embroidery, All That Jazz, brooch by Robin Atkins

beaded heart pin by Robin Atkins, Heart On Fire

spirit doll, Angel Of Love, by Robin Atkins

beaded quilt by Robin Atkins, Grandpa's Gifts

improvisational bead embroidery, inset into handbound book by Robin Atkins

14 comments:

  1. I love hearts, too. I especially love your heart with the musical instruments, as well as the last heart shown. Hope your day is full of sweetness=:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a very happy Valentine's Day to you too, Robin. Thank your for showing so many lovelie's for us to enjoy -- and to make our hearts sing. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this lovely show of your hearts, Robin!
    That second doll won my heart...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day Robin...from beading heart to another beading heart. Thanks for a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visual feast. The button embellished quilt is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:50 PM

    Happy Valentine's Day...love all of your hearts, especially the red, black, yellow and blue one. I've been practicing my beading on hearts, there are pics on my blog.
    I'm also working on two butterflies for the Breast Cancer Project.

    http://sueun.bravejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Inspirational stuff. Thanks Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin,
    What a wonderful array of hearts you had today. And my sincerest wishes right back at you for a long and beautuful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing hearts that aren't just red and pink! It's a beautiful array of shapes, sizes, themes and textures. Wunderbar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Thank you for all these lovely hearts. Part of the charme, for me, was the recognition effect in several cases, with Rosie, the Uncaged Hen, leading the parade ...

    Heartfelt greetings,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin, I've been under the weather for a couple of days but I'm trying to catch up with everyone. I love all your hearts. They're just beautiful. Anyone could look at your work and know that you put your heart into everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely wonderful treat. Your work is inspiring in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Looking forward to taking your classes at the Handweaver's Conerence in Visalia. I am so inspired by what I see on this Blog and your web page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for joining the discussion on this post today!