Rosie, The Uncaged Hen, is currently visiting NY, hobnobbing with other bodacious bead art, more than 80 pieces by well-known bead artists from around the country. If you're looking for something really special to do this week, go to the North Country Cultural Center for the Arts in Plattsburg, NY!!! Their exhibition of Contemporary Bead Art opened on November 6th and closes quite soon, on Nov. 29th.
I feel very pleased and honored to have been invited to exhibit my bead art in this show. Included are 11 of my pieces:
- Forgive, Release and Believe, three of my Bead Journal Project pieces for this year.
- Madrona and Aqua, two beaded, spirit dolls that are about environmental issues.
- Beadlust, the beaded-quilted wall-hanging, part of which is shown on my blog header.
- Blessings, a small, hand-made, hand-bound book with beaded covers.
- Rabbit Journal and Earth Journal, two hand made books with bead embroidery inset into the cover or pages.
- Marriage Bag, the beaded bag I made while trying to decide if I had sufficient commitment to get married.
- Rosie, The Uncaged Hen, a sculptural piece, cover-girl for the wonderful book, 500 Beaded Objects.
Wish I could have gone to the opening, or even just to see the show. (Waaaa) If you're able to get there before the exhibition closes, please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it.