Monday, April 23, 2012

Good News! Get Atkins books on Amazon!!!

Illustration from Heart to Hands Bead Embroidery
For years people have been asking me why I don't put my books on Amazon.com and/or why I don't offer credit card  purchases.  Long story about the why... but the good news is, older dogs can learn new tricks, although not easily, mind you (LOL).

As of today, you can now purchase my two most popular books on Amazon.com!!!
Plus! You can pre-order my new book at a special, introductory price of only $16.49... quite a deal for such a comprehensive book with over 500 color photos and 250 pages!

You can help!

If you already have my books, and especially if you like them, you can help me greatly by posting reviews on amazon, especially for the first two titles above.  Or, simply go to the link and click on "like." I appreciate your assistance in getting started with amazon book sales very much!

Detail from cover of new book, available for pre-orders on Amazon.com

What about my other books?

I can't list Spirit Dolls, Finishing Techniques, or Rosie, the Uncaged Hen on Amazon.com, because these books do not have printed bar codes on them... two of them don't even have an ISBN number. If the amazon sales go well, I may reprint the covers so I can get them listed too.

Yes, you can order any of my self-published books from me if you wish (through my website). They will be autographed! However, I'm still doing it the old fashioned way with payments by check, cash or money order. I'm hoping the Amazon.com listings will make it easier for those of you who wish to pay by credit card or live in other countries.

Please note: Beaded Embellishment (by me and Amy Clarke) and The Complete Photo Guide to Beading are available on line or in retail bead, craft, and needle arts shops. However, I will not be selling these titles through my website. The reason is that my cost from the publisher is about the same as you can buy them on amazon. I'd have to sell them at full retail price. I'm guessing you don't want to pay that if you don't have to.

7 comments:

  1. done! Beaded Treasures has been one of my favorite books and given me a lot of enjoyment. It doesn't deserve to be refered to as a "macrame book".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Robin, I love your books, so happy they will be so available to everyone. You are an inspiration to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Judith and Char!!! Your support means a lot to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, this is exciting!

    I'll be sure to update my Bead Embroidery Resources post, which already features links to your website and blog:

    http://www.saturdaysequins.com/2012/03/bead-embroidery-resources.html

    -- Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Oh wow! At last it will be possible to buy some of your books on Amazon. I' m sure that I'll buy your latest book. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there any chance you can put stickers on
    to put bar codes on the ones you have a isbn number for? they they should be able to sell them.

    &
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:15 AM

    Robin,
    I live in Russia. And because of your book Beaded Embellishment I got familiar with bead world and beading (and browsing at your website) is my favorite pastime.
    I am glad I can order your other books now.
    The first one I bought in the Russian bookstore.
    Good luck with the sales!

    Your Russian fan,
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for joining the discussion on this post today!