Thursday, August 24, 2006

Answering Your Comments &
Question About New Beta Blogger ~

My picture post for today (about beaded treasure bracelets) follows, so please keep scrolling down after you read this....

Your comments mean so much to me... I value and appreciate them and YOU! So, thanks to all of you who take the time to add your insights, reactions and thoughts to my posts.

When I first started blogging, I spent quite a lot of time tracking down email addresses so I could respond to each comment with a private email message. Now, partially because I see it's a custom among many art bloggers and partially because the days just don't have enough hours, I'm responding to most comments by adding my own comment to the post. Many times your remarks deserve a full reply. I do my best.

IMPORTANT: If you have asked me a direct question, please return to the post a day or so later, and you'll find my reply in the comment section.

Has anyone out there tried Bloggers new version in Beta? If so, how do you like it? Is it any easier to upload images? Does the "category" feature work ok? Given your experience, would it be better to wait a while before I change over?

Now... BEADS!

3 comments:

  1. I converted to the new Beta version last weekend & I've run into some minor issues: I had to hard code the link for my profile picture, the Hello / Picasa interface isn't recognizing the beta version. I haven't converted my template to the layout version yet so I think that's precluding me from using categories. I haven't run across anything that was a huge problem yet so you're probably safe converting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't changed over but Drew over at http://thecrochetdude.blogspot.com
    did a post a few days ago about some of the problems he was having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I like how you have addressed the comment ettiquette issue. I think it is a great idea to answer questions via your own comment on the pertinent entry.
    Isn't it fascinating to watch (and participate in) these unfolding societal mores? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for joining the discussion on this post today!